Wednesday, June 26, 2013

TTC: To Plan OR not To Plan. THAT is the Question.



So....here's the skinny on Operation TTC #2. Remember my post about looking for a new job while TTC? Well, this past Monday I went for an interview for a position that could literally change my life. The potential to make more money, provide for my family annnnnd a rewarding career. It's in my field and would be PERFECT for me considering I'm only a few weeks post graduating with my Masters degree. I'm praying hard that this works in my favor. I'm literally waiting for the phone to ring because the hiring individual informed me that she will be making her final decision in a few days.

I ROCKED the interview. I left out that joint with the BIGGEST smile on my face. Something about knowing you KNOW your shyt sends your swagger meter into the red region!!

Oh, back to the purpose for this entry....
 
While I'm excited and hopeful that this job comes thru for me. I'm kinda sad that it would mean delaying our first attempt at Kiddo #2 by about 5 months. We were initially planning to start in October. I turn 37 in November. But now, I'm not so sure that would be wise. If I start the job in the next few weeks and let's say for instance TTC works on the first try...I would only be in my position for 4-5 months before having to tell my boss I'm expecting! That's not a good look. I need time to prove myself in this position. I would need time to establish a name for myself. I don't want to start this job and have the stress of pregnancy, FMLA issues, sickness, possible early labor and just not being eligible for any paid leave!
 
I talked to my wife, Mommy N, and we've decided that if I do get this job we will delay TTC for 5 months. So, that will put us in March. Baby C will be turning 1 and I will be on the job for a year if we got preggers on the first try. That translates to......I would have established a name for myself, worked my azz off, will qualify for FMLA and maternity leave and I can enjoy being pregnant without being afraid of them letting me go. I know by law they can't but I'm also not stupid or naive enough to not know that they can find a reason somewhere in the bush to justify. I'm just sayin'....not sayin' they will...but again, I'm just sayin'....
 
We have our appointment with the RE on July 3rd...next week. I'm going to ask her to run my numbers and let me know if she thinks it's "safe" to wait until then. Yes, at 37 I know I don't have but so much time. But I also don't know how much of a difference 5 months will make. If my numbers look good and similar to the last set from January...we can and will push things off until March. If she says, "Ummmm you're playing with fire and the numbers have changed"...we will move forward with an October insemination and leave the rest in Gods hands.
 
I know God has a plan. I know things will go according to His plan and not mine. And I also believe He gives us wisdom in making decisions like this. I think it's just wise to consider the whole picture. I think it's wise to make sure we are making the best decision for OUR family. I can't just throw caution to the wind with this issue because I have a wife and kid that depend on me. So....until we meet with the RE and get my numbers back we've decided that March is our target. I will keep you all posted.
 
Of course.........all the above is contingent upon me even being offered the job...WITH a salary I can work with. So all this change of plans may not even be necessary. Either way, stay tuned for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment