Friday, June 21, 2013

TTC: The "Not-So-Femme" Guide to Pregnancy


Not really a guide but more like, I'm confused. Well...as the picture above highlights.....I'm "Unclear." About what you ask? Ummm several things.
Let me first start off by saying I knew there was a need for a blog from the perspective of the "not-so-femme" half of a lesbian union who is deciding to take on the journey into pregnancy land. The reason being there are certain things that we will experience that people typically don't think of...except us! 

Shall I begin.....................

1. Who will shovel snow, take out the trash and lift the heavy stuff for the next 10 months?

2. I wear sports bras so ummmm....will bigger sore jugs mean I have to wear a regular bra?

3. At what point will I feel funny giving my wife the D!? {Pause} *to explain the D is an urban term for the Dick! lol It looks so funny typing that out since I haven't done that since probably middle school. Hahaha*
     No seriously, will I no longer wanna sling it once I start showing or Immediately after I find out I'm pregnant? Arghhhhhhhhhh

4. What will I wear when my belly gets big!? I'm used to wearing button ups and sweaters and I usually wear my clothes cut slim. I shall NOT wear any type of Moo-Moo shirts! No Ma'am. 

5. Will I waddle? How am I ever supposed to keep my G status if I waddle??!!! *sighs*

6. Will being pregnant make me feel uncomfortable and "uber femmey" when people touch my stomach or when uber femmey stuff starts to happen like fuller hips, bigger boobs, big tummy, leaky breast...Bleh.

7. How long after deliver does it take for me to get my not-so-femme swagger back?

Just a few questions on my list...lol Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm. All I know is this journey will no doubt be very different for me and will totally take me out of my comfort zone. There are so many dynamics to this that I'm sure will make me VERY uncomfortable. But I guess I have to keep telling myself, it's done in love, I want to give my wife a baby and it won't last forever........


My period is expected in 2 days. 
Our RE appointment is July 3rd.
COUNTDOWN: 16 weeks until our first at home insemination. Wowzers!

No comments:

Post a Comment