Friday, June 14, 2013

The Road to Fertility - Trying to make a baby



We have exactly three weeks before our scheduled appointment with the new RE {Reproductive Endocrinologist). We had to get this appointment scheduled before Mommy N goes back to work from maternity leave. It's important to me that she be there. I never missed a fertility, OB or RE appointment when my wife was in the hot seat so I know it's also important to her. I'm thankful someone canceled their appointment and we were able to get in this soon.
 
My concern....My numbers. I need to know how my fertility numbers look compared to my last set which was in January of last year. My RE said that the numbers, at that time, still looked great but she did notice a slight change. Translation  - "You better get going because dammit your eggs are NOT getting any younger!" *Le Sigh* I know I know....she also told me she wouldn't wait longer than 2 years. It's been 2 years. Whatevas.
 
I hope this new RE also takes me on as her GYN patient. I like having my lady care under one person. My old RE is relocating to Florida so I'm kinda bummed about that. We will see how it all goes. Sometimes I wish things could be as simple as with hetero's! Main thing....they don't even find out they are pregnant {usually} until at least 8 weeks. Not us lesbians....we start testing meaning peeing on the magical stick the moment sperm enters our body and we usually find out 24 minutes past ovulation! I kid I kid. No, but things are just so more complicated and indeed they are more stressful.
 
I knew I was forgetting something..... Mommy N and I discussed my job hunting last night. I wanted to run something by her that was on my mind while driving home from work. I've decided that if I don't have at least an interview, job offer etc on the table by July 31st I will discontinue the active job search until after I've had our kiddo #2. I just don't want to run into the health insurance, FMLA, time off antics that comes with starting a new job while trying to conceive. I'm feeling at peace with this decision. God will provide.
 
That's all for now..............
 
CD15 - will test again later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment