Friday, May 31, 2013

Milestones.

 
I took my first ever prenatal vitamin this morning. One thing I've learned in life is that on every journey you must celebrate even the small milestones. I have mixed feelings. I'm very excited, yet scared. Very nervous yet I have peace that what's meant to be is Gods will for my life.
Speaking of which, my wife is such an amazing woman...I left the vitamins on the counter this morning instead of putting them back in our hall closet....and when I got to work I got this text, "YaY!!! You started the prenatals!!" I'm so excited! I can't wait to knock you up!" lol...I love that woman. She makes me feel special. She makes me feel like no matter what I do in life or how hard times get...having her by my side, everything will be okay. That's why I married her.
 
So....now that I've started my prenatals I feel like I'm already doing the best I can to make this old body the best it can be for our child. Being as though I am considered advance maternal age {36} I'm just focused on doing my part to make sure I'm as healthy as I can be. In the past year and some change I've dropped almost 20lbs, started eating MUCH healthier, become more active and I owe a lot of these changes to my wife. She incorporated fresh fruits and veggies and overall healthier meals into my diet and I'm seeing the benefits. That's really all I can do.
Oh, I need to stay away from Dr. Goo.gle and the "statistics" about having babies in your mid-to-late 30's. That will just stress me out and contribute to my anxiety. I mean, I know there is some truth to the stats but I also know that every woman is different and there are so many factors that come into play with AMA. Also, I know that I'm not the typical 36 year old. I just place my faith in God that everything will be okay. With me, the pregnancy, our baby and the delivery.
I know our son {Or daughter} is waiting in the clouds. Just as Baby C was. We prayed her down and she came to us just when she was supposed to. She has truly blessed our lives and I know that once #2 is here we will be complete. Our family of four will finally be complete. I feel it's an honor to give Mommy N a child just as she's blessed me with a daughter. No words can express the sacrifice involved.
 
My current iPeriod alert: Your period is expected in 3 days! Today is CD21. It would either be 9dpo or 10dpo. Either way I would probably be gearing up to test to see if we got a BFP. Eeeeeeeeeek!
That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment