Thursday, May 9, 2013

Back at it again!


I made the decision to start this TTC blog because I'm sure I will need this outlet over the next few months. I wanted to document one of the scariest journey's I've ever volunteered to travel....getting pregnant and being Mama to two kiddos!
 
My Wife and I were married in July 2012. We started trying to conceive our first kid after dating for almost a year (October 2011). We had NO clue what we were in for! I don't think we've both cried so much in our lives. After 6 months of failed cycles, tears, and crazy emotions we found out we caught the eggy just days before our wedding (July 2012)! It was the BEST wedding gift ever. We conceived our daughter using fresh sperm and at home insemination. After that whole experience I totally feel like an honorary RE/GYN. Making a rainbow baby is all about timing, faith and precision! Baby C was born on March 21st, 2013. The most amazing day of my life. Seeing the birth of my daughter almost brought me to my knees in the operating room, I was so thankful.
 
That leads me to this blog......we don't want Baby C and the new kiddo to be too far apart in age. Plus I'm an older Mama, 36 ...I will be 37 this coming November. So I pray it doesn't take too many cycles for me to get pregnant! My wife, "Mommy N" did such a great job carrying Baby C. She is my hero. The pregnancy-the good and the bad-she took it in stride. I just pray I'm as strong as she was. Although I'm the "tomboy" half of our union I will probably drive my wife insane! My pain tolerance and just overall "not feeling quite myself" tolerance is close to 0.
Oh, I also pray that I can give her a son. But, if we have another healthy baby girl I will be thankful all the same. But, as you can see the above blog picture is in blue so.......lol
 
So, this is it. I'm done with my Graduate degree, I'm Baby C's Mama and I'm Mommy N's proud Wife. The only thing left for me to do is conquer my fear and travel this road that I've put off for so long. Getting pregnant has taken a back seat to EVERYTHING in my life - school, career, friends, fun...everything. Now it's time to man-up (no pun intended) and embrace it. I'm scared shitless. I have so many fears and worries. But I pray. That's all I can do is pray.
I will be documenting my journey leading up to October when we officially start TTC and continue throughout the pregnancy. Welcome on my TTC Journey.................Four Completes The Set.


Baby C
Mommy N
Mama C <-----That's Me :)





1 comment: