Wednesday, August 28, 2013

TTC: Making a Rainbow Baby = Donor and Timing



Our donor has completed his medical workup. There are only 2 tests still pending & we should have them in a week. We won't need the sickle cell screening this time because we had him tested with Baby C {he's not a carrier} and neither am I.

Me: "OMG...5 weeks til "hell week!" Are you ready?! {hell week is what we call insemination week because he always complained about the preseed feeling like he was rubbing his man parts with razor blades. Ahahahahaaaa! He hated using preseed as lube but we wanted to make sure our little swimmers were not damaged by regular lube.}
Him: "Wow! I really hope it takes the first time and I hope ya'll get your boy!"

Can I tell ya'll I LOVE our donor. We made the best choice ever and it truly is such a relief! We've heard so many horror stories about known donors but ours is the BEST! Throughout the whole process with Baby C he was compliant and reliable. From hell week inseminations, to legal stuff with our second-parent adoption. We scheduled appointments, he was there. We needed something notarized, he was there. The whole process for us was stress free and smooth. I thank God for that. 

I have an appointment scheduled with the RE on September 16th. Not sure why I need to actually see her for the pro.gestrone prescription but I am secretly hoping she does an ultrasound that day just so I can see how my follies and eggs are doing. We leave for vacation the following week and then we insem so having an ultrasound done on that visit would be beneficial. If I start my cycle on the 3rd of September as predicted, the 16th will be CD13 and I would LOVE to see what's happening in the baby making region via ultrasound that far into my cycle. The last time we saw the RE was on July 3rd {CD10} and there was a 16mm on the left. The opk showed an extremely strong positive two days later on CD12 that month. So we shall see.......

Mommy N - She's just so tickled by the whole thing. I can tell she's getting excited and really looking forward to being on the other end of the syringe. lol I joke with her all the time that now we are pro's with insems and she's gonna knock me up the first time. She's so cute. I love her. I can't imagine going along this journey with anyone else. Thank GOD I didn't have kids with any of my ex's. *looks up at the sky - Thanks Big Guy! -winks-* 
She's such an amazing mom to Baby C and I'm so blessed to have her as my wife and my bestfriend. 

Baby C - I know I rarely speak about her in detail on this blog. Mainly because my wife has a blog and when she does blog -sarcasm font- (yes, that was shade lol) she covers Baby C news over there. I won't link her blog here because then my identity will be compromised. lol 
But yeah....Baby C is growing like a weed and my wife and I are confident that the timing is right to start TTC #2. We didn't want to take away from our daughter by adding the pressure of TTC another kid before now. We wanted to allow us time to be the mommies of ONE kid. TTC can take over your life, I'm sure some of you can relate to that....and we just wanted things to be calm and semi-back to normal before taking that journey again. Now we feel the timing is right and we are mentally and emotionally prepared to start. 

Today is CD18
My boobs are starting to get sore.
My cycle is expected in 6 days.
I have little to none cervical fluid.
One more period.....then we introduce sperm. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you both! Sending you lots of sticky baby dust for your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't believe this is actually gonna happen.

      Delete