Thursday, July 25, 2013

Lawdy Lawdy I got a Liebster!


Totally unexpected but ya girl has been nominated for the Liebster Award! {Pauses for applause}
Camille over at http://andjustaddwater.wordpress.com/ nominated me and I'm truly thankful and humbled. Her blog...And Just Add Water, has indeed become one of the blogs I stalk on the regular. *smile* She's genuine with her readers. I love an authentic blog that is transparent in both the highs and the lows of the TTC journey.
 
Back to the Liebster....Blogger awards are such a great way to learn more about your fellow bloggers. This is a way for small bloggers to give recognition to other small bloggers (200 followers or less). I will be SURE to follow all the blogs nominated by Camille & I hope you guys will do the same by following me on my crazy TTC journey as well.
 
Here’s how it works:
Copy & Paste This Whole Post and Replace All Your Information — who awarded you, for example.

The rules:

  1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
  2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
  3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
  4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
  5. No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.
As Solo the First put it “The real purpose behind these nominations are not only as an accolade from a fellow blogger and let’s face it, nothing gently strokes our little writer hearts more than someone telling you they appreciate your work. In addition to the back patting we need to receive from time to time, it also allows us to get a little more personal as we get to know our increasing blogging community. It also helps drive traffic to your site as we reference one another.”
 
The questions put forth to me (with my answers) are as follows:
 

1.    What is the best book you’ve read recently? Let’s see, being as though I just graduated with my Masters Degree I haven’t had time to read books that I actually want to read. So, out of my textbooks the best book has to be, “Difficult Conversations. How to Discuss What Matters Most” Stone, Patton & Heen did an amazing job with this small but powerful book! It basically teaches you constructive ways to have those dreaded conversations that simply need to be had! It has truly helped me in both the academic world as well as in my marriage and my personal life.
2.    Name a pet peeve – When in class someone responds to another classmates answer with, “To piggyback off of that statement..” Ughhhh! Just state YOUR position without the piggyback intro dammit! *face palms*
3.      If you could travel any place and money was not a factor, where would you go? Capetown South Africa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4.      If you could go to any concert, whether they are dead or alive, broken up or together, who would it be? Mint Condition (I'm a groupie and I see them multiple times per year) and the late GREAT Donny Hathaway. RIP Donny.
5.      Red wine, white wine, beer, or water? BEER! 40oz of freezing cold Bud Ice or Miller light.
6.      Do you have a celebrity look-a-like? If so, who? People say Nia long. I guess I kinda see it if I get femme’d out lol
7.      What are three blogs you read most often? Honestly, I more often end up reading spiritual type blogs or just random blogs that I stumble across. On my Blog, roll I may stalk the ones that are either in the TWW or actively TTC…so it varies from week to week. I do read all the blogs on my Blog roll tho.
8.      What is your guilty pleasure? Tall Beers and Bar food. Lots of it!
9.      What is one skill or hobby you’re interested in learning? Hmmmmm….Oh, how to play spades! I think I’m the only black person on planet earth that doesn’t know how to play spades. Heck, I don’t know how to play any card games nor do I know the value of the cards that don’t have numbers on them L
10.  What are five words that best describe you? Spiritual, loyal, funny, determined & consistent.
11.  Beach or mountains? BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 
Okay, here are my nominations (in no particular order). Sorry I couldn't shorten the links...I'm having blogger technical difficulties over here this morning so cut me some slack. lol
 
Little One Still to Come
 Hearts of a Feather
 Mommy In Waiting - Love, Laughter, and a little one
 Good Families Do...
 Our Journey to Become Mommies
 Struggling to be Mothers
 Bread and Roses
 Mommy Loves Martinis
 Opening the Door
 Wedded Wife
 Living Hypothetically
 

Here are my 11 questions:
1. What is your greatest fear?
2. What is your greatest accomplishment?
3. What public behaviors do you find the most offensive?
4. If you could change one law in the State where you live what would it be?
5. When you leave this earth what is the one thing most people will say about you and the life you lived?
6. You are at your happiest when?___________
7. What is your favorite quote or saying?
8. What is the one little known fact that most people will find surprising about you?
9. How many slices of pizza do you typically eat in one sitting?
10. What is your favorite holiday?
11. Are you #TeamiPhone or #Blackberry?
 
 
Thanks all folks! So....be sure to send a blog follow request and let me know you're rollin wit a chick! :)
 
Nel-

4 comments:

  1. HUGE congratulations on the award! I love reading your blog and just realized yesterday that I hadn't added you to my blog roll. You're on there now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah, when I looked and didn't see your blog info I was confused! So glad we are officially connected now!! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you!! You're so awesome. Can't wait to fill these out. :)

    ReplyDelete