Wednesday, May 7, 2014

32 weeks! Baby Shower Recap *Picture Heavy*

 
Well...I guess the beans of Baby Boy N's name has been spilled. lol Oh well.
 
First: Thanks so much for all the positive feedback on my last entry, the letter to my son. It was an emotional entry for me and that whole day was just full of tears of joy & thankfulness. Thank you all. I appreciate it.
-------------------------
 
Our shower was awesome! Honestly it was way more than we expected. It was such a blessing. I still can't believe I will be 32 weeks tomorrow and the shower has already come and gone. The theme of the shower & the nursery is Monster's Inc. We LOVE how it all came together. My best friend's, my wife's best friend and my family did everything for the shower. My wife's family bought enough clothes to last Baby Boy a lifetime. Again, we were so blessed.
 
Everyone really showed up & showed out for us and it was actually kinda bittersweet. I guess because this is the last time we will experience a shower. A new baby. Pregnancy. This part of our journey is all over for us. When the little guy arrives.....that's it. So while we are enjoying the last few weeks of pregnancy and nesting...we are also looking forward to our new life with two kids & no more pregnancies.
 
I get my wife back. My body back. Her body back *evil laugh* My Beer back. My physical abilities back. My energy back. ME BACKKKK! You get the picture.......
 
I did have a semi-meltdown this past weekend because I was just miserable. I've been suffering from pregnancy rhinitis since 18 weeks 1 day {basically congestion and I can't breathe without using nasal spray}, I get tired so quickly and I was just so overwhelmed. I felt bad about complaining because I know so many women want so badly to be in my shoes...I didn't want to sound ungrateful. I am grateful. We prayed for this pregnancy & our baby like everyone else...but it still doesn't negate the fact that I'm human & making a baby is the hardest task EVER! And...I'm allowed to complain every now and again. It's healthy to let it out....
 
As far as the baby news goes....He's VERY active and we are both doing well. God is good. I had my 31 week appointment the other day. He's measuring right on target. I won't go back again until 35 weeks. We have 57 days left! Whoa! I think he's head down because I now feel his hiccups down low and kicks up high near my ribs. He loves to snuggle on my right side & moves constantly. He always reminds me that he's there. I love it & I'm enjoying the last few days with him in my womb.
 
Here are some pics from our baby shower. I think it turned out super cute. I tried to snap as many pics as I could before everyone showed up. I'm glad I did. I had to capture all the wonderful details that made our day so special. We received TONS of gifts! Like, we really don't need anything else because we are all set. I feel blessed beyond measure.
 
I hope you enjoy!
 






 
 






1 comment:

  1. N is one VERY loved baby boy already! Look at this baby shower - wow! I love the theme you picked for him and I just can't wait to see his little face. :)

    ReplyDelete