Friday, May 23, 2014

Introducing Baby Boy N!

 
On May 14th, 2014 we went for our private 3D ultrasound session! My wife, Baby C and a few family members and close friends had the opportunity to share this special moment. It was awesome! I was exactly 32 weeks 6 days. I wasn't sure if we would be able to get pictures of his face because some of the suggestions I read said that between 28-31 weeks was the best time. So needless to say we were pushing it. lol
 
Part of our package was a CD of the session, printed 3D and black & white images. We saw him smiling, opening his mouth, sucking his thumb (side-ways), and even crying/frowning!!!!!! OMG! I couldn't believe it! Technology is so amazing I tell ya.
 
This session made everything seem so damn real. Most people say it "hits" them after the babyshower but for me it was seeing our son on that huge flat screen monitor. To see him crying and not be able to hold him almost made me want to tell the tech to stop the session! lol Like, he was right there! On the screen. Chubby cheeks, long fingers and everything. Oh, and this time he made SURE we knew he was a boy. Spread eagle for all to see lol My wife bought a heartbeat bear. We had one from Baby C and it was only fitting to complete the set with one pink bear and one blue one. His heartbeat was fast! She said 165bpm. It's never been that high! So of course I called the OB the next morning to inquire and find out if I should be concerned. I was told it's perfectly fine.
 
Sidebar: My mom placed her hand on my stomach and he moved and kicked. She was like "Oh wooooow!" I'm glad she got that opportunity. It was a precious small moment between her and I while waiting to go into the ultrasound room. It's a huge step for her and I because with me not being "girly" and her not being really "expressive" we don't have too many memories like that. In fact, my pregnancy/labor/birthing will probably be the only time. lol I'm cool with that tho.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------
 
Look at those LIPS! So adorable! That little nose and those lips melt my heart. My wife & I think he's gonna look like Baby C. We think our donor just has strong genes. Time will tell. I can't believe how plump he's looking. At first I said he would probably weigh around 6lbs....my wife has said the same as Baby C (7lbs 13oz) or a little bigger, like 8lbs.  Either way....41 days and counting. We are so ready to meet this little Guy! I'm 34 weeks 1 day. Yay! Oh, I got my whooping cough shot yesterday and thank God I have no soreness at all! Life is Grand.
 
 
---------------------------------------------
 
Surprise Shower @ Work!
 
 
Well, my coworkers really got me good yesterday! They threw me a surprise Baby Shower. It really touched me. I was totally not expecting them to go all out like they did. How awesome?! I'm truly blessed. We received lots of cute clothes, toys and cash/giftcards for Baby Boy N. I couldn't wait to get home so my wife could go thru everything. lol We are all set! Now we just wait out the next 41 days for the BIG MOMENT!
 

 
I had to snap a pic of the food & delicious cupcakes! Yum! They even did the Monster's Inc theme. I was really touched and had to step out for a moment because I knew I was gonna cry. Which I did..........

 
Here's a recap pic. This has been an amazing journey.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment