Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Update: 8 Weeks 5 Days

Sprout at 8 weeks 1 Day

I'm a little delayed with updating but SO much has happened since my last post. Soooo much!
 
1. I was called for an interview (11/15) and it went really well. BUT....also in the same week my boss announced he is leaving so that means a BIG promotion for me with an increase in pay. Once I weighed all the pros & cons {and after researching the government agency I interviewed for} I came to the conclusion that it's in my best interest all around to stay put. At least for now. Yes, the new job would offer more money but my current job offers ALL the other perks of being a loyal employee for the past 7 years. Annnnd no worries about fmla, sick leave, vacation time, slacking because I'm preggers, stability and most importantly I know the culture here. I know the folks I work with and I know my job is safe. Nothing like the devil you know, huh? lol With the change in leadership I'm now second in command. I won't reveal the line of work I'm in because it will surely uncover my identity but second in command is a great place to be at this stage of my life and my career. I look at it as a blessing.
 
Soooooooooo.....on to the baby stuff!
 
I had my 1st OB appointment on my birthday, 11/22! I was officially 8 weeks 1 day. I was so nervous. I guess because the last time we actually saw the baby was during the 5 week 6 day ultrasound. I just prayed everything would be okay. Meaning there was still a heartbeat, since the last time we only saw it we didn't get to hear it since it was so early. The baby measured 8 weeks 3 days, 2 days ahead, and had a strong heartbeat. Yay!! Also the highlight of the visit was having an abdominal ultrasound and not an internal vaginal one. Double Yayyyyy! Now for the low-lights of that visit. I had to get a pelvic exam. Yes, with the speculum. Ugh! It was so painful. I thought I was bleeding! It felt like she was pushing a razor blade inside me. I'm so thankful I don't have to go thru that anytime soon. Prayerfully. My blood pressure was really high but I already knew it would be. I'm going to ask them if they can start taking my pressure at the end of my visit instead of as soon as I come in. I will continue to have high readings if they keep doing it first. I always have high readings during my OB/GYN appointments! They are a source of anxiety for me. Have any of you experienced this? Crazy thing is my pressure is always normal at my primary care and foot doctors offices. lol
 
She gave me a bunch of paperwork and answered all my questions. She also left my due date as July 03, 2014. I contacted the genetics department and I'm scheduled for the MaterniT21 test on December 13th. I will be 11 weeks 1 day. I'm not sure if I'm going to have the NT scan. I was thinking of having it done after I get the results of my genetics test JUST for the extra peek at the baby. But again, I'm not sure. All these appointments are kinda overwhelming so I'm just gonna take it one step at a time. I actually didn't realize how overwhelming it all was until this appointment. So many test, appointments, bloodwork etc! I just told myself I'm not focusing on 40 weeks. It's too much for me right now. I will only focus on day by day...week by week. That will keep me sane. So right now my eyes are on 13 weeks. That's my goal for right now. Then after that I will re-shift my focus.
 
I'm still feeling realllly good! Still no morning/evening sickness. I'm still feeling pretty tired but I feel like it's getting better. The only new thing I'm experiencing is hip pain when I'm sleeping. I have to constantly rotate positions at night because my hips hurt! I will be 9 weeks on Thursday so my wife advised me to go grab the body pillow from the basement. I'm so glad she's already gone thru this process!
 
We have told our families and most of our friends. Most folks didn't believe me/us. I still think they all assume I'm joking. Lol! They never thought I would actually go thru with it. Once I start showing I think it will become real to them. I'm still getting the, "I'm still in shock about your pregnancy and I don't believe you!" text messages! Lmao!
 
Please pray that my genetics testing comes back fine, my pregnancy continues to be uneventful & boring & that I continue to remain positive and healthy.
 
Meditation
 
Don't worry, Pray.
The Baby is fine. And so are you.
Enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment