Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Milestones: 5 Weeks 6 Days



Today we went in for my weekly ultrasound. Exactly 5 weeks 6 days. The Doctor that did my vag/ultrasound was so rough. Ugh! Damn her! Anyway....we saw the fetal pole and also the little flicker of the heartbeat. Thank God. Although we didn't get to hear the heartbeat I was okay with it because I know it's still early. My wife was like, "I see it!" I had to hold still and was instructed not to breathe. lol
 
Sprout has grown A LOT since my first ultrasound. The next time we will see him/her will be at my first OB appointment which is November 22nd. My 37th Birthday.Yippee! We are both really excited about this appointment JUST to see the look on our OB's face when she walks into the exam room and it's ME hopping on the table. lol We love her.
 
So far I'm still feeling really great. No food aversions. No morning sickness and no real feelings of being pregnant. The only thing I'm experiencing is moments of nausea and very tender boobs, Oh and I'm so damn sleeeeeepy after I eat my lunch and in the evenings. So far so good and I'm not complaining one bit. I know it may hit me at any moment and it usually doesn't set in until after 6 weeks but I'm just appreciating each day that I escape morning/Evening/All day sickness. I'm also doing well with the pro.gesterone suppositories. Other than being an extra step in my night-time routine....its not as bad as I thought it would be.
 
My boobs are getting fuller and my shirts are starting to fit kinda awkward. I mean, I'm not showing yet but I can tell my stomach is expanding because I can see the imprint of my boxers elastic line around my stomach. Yes, I wear boxers. And UGHHH to them fitting the way they do these days. lol This journey is indeed going to be special. lol
 
 
Meditations
6 weeks 0 days tomorrow!
Surrender this pregnancy....God is in Control.
No amount of worry will change the outcome BUT prayer can. Focus on that.
Embrace & celebrate each day you're pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment