Wednesday, October 30, 2013

5 Weeks 0 Days - Meet Sprout!



Today we had our first ultrasound. According to my calculations I'm 4 weeks 6 days but per the RE I'm 5 weeks exactly. So we only have one day difference. Yay! I'm sure my OB will go by my last period so it doesn't matter anyway.
 
My wife, Baby C and I went to this very special appointment. My nerves didn't kick in until we were actually in the waiting room. Then they called my name. I just kept praying for there to be something on the screen. I haven't had a beta blood test since last Friday, October 25th and I found myself thinking all sorts of things. I tried my best to just remain calm and keep telling myself, "C, this is all out of your control and out of your hands." All I know is....I've been doing all I can humanly do to give this little life the best start. Prenatal vitamins, rest, positive meditation, healthy diet etc....and that's really all I can do.
 
Back to my appointment - The RE does some calculations for my due date and then grabs the "dildo cam" {A term one of my blog readers/secret group members introduced me to. Ha!}. As soon as it's in she says, "Ahhhh we definitely have a pregnancy here!" She continues to say how everything looks perfect and some other stuff but at that point I zoned out and was just looking at the screen crying. It was so emotional for me. My wife was paying attention I'm sure. She was showing Baby C the screen saying, "Look at your brother or Sissy!"
 
She gave us some pictures of our little Sprout and handed me some early pregnancy paperwork to read over. She also told me to schedule an appointment with our OB in the next few weeks. I will go back for one, maybe 2 more ultrasounds before she releases me. I just still cannot believe this! Like, there is a baby in my belly and I have the pictures to prove it! I'm looking forward to next week to prayerfully see/hear Sprouts heartbeat.
 
I'm still feeling really well. I have times when my stomach feels a little sick but other than that I'm fine. I do get really tired after lunch and sometimes when I get home from work but I really feel good. Oh, and I've decided to not get on the scale until after delivery lol. I just can't bring myself to see that number increasing. When I get weighed in at the doctor's office I will just tell them to not tell me the number and I will close my eyes when I step up on there. Smh lol
 
I'm just so truly thankful. God is Good.
 
Have a safe and Happy Halloween everyone!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment