Tuesday, October 1, 2013

TTC: No Turning Back Now!

So I lied. I thought I wasn't going to blog until after insems and testing but I had to update you all and document where I am today......
 
 
1st - Disney was GREAT! I had all my "Last Call" festivities and sipped my last beer last Thursday.
 
2nd - I had my FIRST non-alcoholic Brew yesterday. O'Douls. It was special. Verrrry special. Not bad. But Not Bud Ice or Miller Light. Let's just say I'm in the experimental stage of finding which one will be my bff for the next year. Plus, once we actually insem I will ONLY drink the non-alcoholic brews that are truly 100% non-alcoholic.
 
I am officially on CD6. Yikes Smikes! This means we will inseminate next Sunday - Tuesday & Wednesday. This may change to Monday - Tuesday & Wednesday depending on when I get the first smiley. I called in my script for the pro.gesterone yesterday so I'm just waiting for the call to come pick it up. Donor is all set to go and he has our tentative ovula.tion schedule. We have our sterile specimen cups, instead cups to keep the swimmers in, ovulation kit(s), syringes, hip raising pillow, vibrator {evil laugh} and all other baby making kit items ready to go. I'm eating the "Boy Diet" and I've started meditating and speaking to our unborn child. We are now just waiting for the smile. Then it's on to the TWW. Blah.
FYI - I will NOT be testing before my cycle is due. Nope. Not gonna do it. So I won't know if it's two pink lines or clean smooth white until the very end of the tww.
 
-Sidebar- Oh, so....I was all good about this whole ttc #2 thing and not having anyyyy second thoughts until we got back from Orlando! I guess that's when shyt got real in my mind that this was about to happen. All of a sudden thoughts hit me. Yeah, thoughts...we all know when you are voluntarily giving up life as you know it {even when it's for something as amazing as a baby} the last thing you want to start doing is THINKING! Is this the right time for Baby #2, How will Baby C adjust? Will our marriage take a hit dealing with two kiddos? Finances, oh LAWD finances!? Sleep!? Fun?! Two kids?! Doctors appointments?! Tests?! PAINNNN??!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!?
 
While I quickly stopped thinking.....It was so good to have a conversation with my wife about my concerns, fears etc and have her to talk me off the thinking ledge. Don't wanna go there again. lol So thankful I had the common sense to marry well. Very well. She's my sanity. We talk about everything and our marriage is solid. For that I am truly thankful and extremely blessed.
 
Truth is...there's never really a perfect time to have one or two or three or how ever many kids folks opt to partake in. Really..I mean come on. Life in itself throws so many curve balls you'll never really BE ready 100%... because as well know there will always be something looming. Not saying you shouldn't use common sense when opting into parenthood but I'm just sayin' you'll never be at 100% on the nothing going on so let's have a kid(s) scale. 
 
6 Days until Inseminations.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Cheers to your "last call"! What was it like to drink your last beer? I've been a casual drinker for about a decade so I imagine it would be weird to know that it's something you're completely cutting out for such a long time. I totally understand where you're coming from with the whole thinking too much stuff. That's kind of where I am right now. It looks like my old job is going to bring me back after all and that means we'll be back on TTC #2 track. It freaks me out to think that we will likely be inseminating before the year is over. Yikes.

    5 more days for you - ekkkk! Sending you guys lots of positive vibes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was GREAT! That last beer was freezing cold and the moment was bittersweet lol. I can't wait to follow your journey. That time till fly by and before you know it you will be in the tww! So excited for you lady!

      Delete
  2. You are definitely right about the timing. No good time so they are all good times! Or something :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You're so right. I've come to accept that and I think internally my mind has been shut to "Don't think. just DO!" :-) Thanks so much for the well wishes!!

      Delete