Tuesday, October 8, 2013

TTC: One down. Things you MUST consider during insems!


Yesterday was CD12. I started testing at CD7. All negative. While at work yesterday I called my wife and told her my morning and my afternoon opks were both negative but I felt something was happening or about to happen in baby making region. We went back and forth a little bit as to whether or not we should do an insem or not even though I didn't have a smiley yet. We decided to just go for it.....we figured, what the heck?!
 
I came home and got myself together. We contacted the donor and then waited. Less than an hour after speaking with him, the doorbell was ringing. We all sat around for a bit catching up and sharing a few laughs about us being "here" again and then I went to the bathroom. {TMI} Different from earlier in the day I had some tacky stretchy but clearish cervical fluid. I immediately said to myself, "yeah...I'm glad we decided to do this tonight because something is indeed about to happen." I told my wife to get the preseed so I could insert it while we were all sitting around talking. Then I went back to our bedroom.
 
I said a little prayer and then my wife and Baby C came into the bedroom. We kissed each other...Baby C rubbed my belly for good luck baby dust and then my wife took the donor all his "products." He did his duty...he called out to my wife, "Special delivery" lol...and then she went to put Baby C in her crib and get the goods. I could tell she was nervous but she did great! She was very gentle and all I remember thinking was, "Lord, Thy Will Be done." 
 
Here's the funny part (close your ears kids)........after all the goods were inside of me, I was like, "You know what comes next"...I said... "I wanna feel you on me so I can........y'all know.......lol She went to straddle me and I suddenly blocked my woman region with my hand like "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wayment!! Are you ovulating too!?! Get Offffaaaa me before we BOTH end up pregnant!!" Ahahahahahaaaaaa! Pure Lesbian comedy. Anyway, we made skin contact (away from her woman region)...I released....we wanted to make sure to get the swimmers up there. Afterwards I put my legs up for about 15mintes. We had already put the instead cup in so things were nice and capped off. My wife went back into the living room and her and the donor chatted a bit more then he left. We inseminated at 5pm.
 
I decided to do another opk at at 8:30PM just to check to see if there were any changes since my 1pm test and WE GOT A SMILEY!!!!!!!!!! All I remember is gasping for breath and yelling out to my wife! She was like, "what's wrong!?" I said..."the test is positive! We got a smiley!!" Her reply, "Oh MY GAWD!!" lol
 
Here is a screenshot from my iperiod app from yesterday. lol I'm so thankful I started testing early AND that I tested twice per day instead of once!
 
 
So......one insem down and two more to go! Then we are off to the land of the TWW! I will start my pro.gesterone on Thursday. Please send us BLUE sticky baby dust!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment