Monday, September 16, 2013

TTC: Updates and Last Calls. It's finally here!!

One of my blogger friends introduced me to the term, "Last Call" party as it relates to the last time you'll indulge in the sweet calming taste of a cocktail or beer for a loooooooong time while under baby making construction. lol I liked it so much I decided to have not one but TWO last call celebrations to mark this monumental journey. One with my friends.....then one with my wife. 
The one with my friends was this past weekend. We booked our hotel, stopped by the local wine and spirits store....and hit the open road to Philadelphia! Awesome road trip with the sole purpose of spending some quality time alone with my crew. This would be the last time I would be drinking with them as my wife, Baby C and I leave for magical Disney this week. After that...we insem so no more alcohol for me until at least 6-8 weeks postpartum. 
I must admit this trip did feel different from all the others. One because now I'm a mother and two because I had all these mixed emotions swirling around inside me surrounding the purpose of the trip. What it represented.... what was about to happen in my life and how this is indeed going to change me as a person. This journey is huge and I know that me as I know me will never be the same after this experience. I felt excited, super amped, happy...but a little sad, somber and internally teary at the same time. It was so weird. I did get over the latter feelings as the trip progressed but at least until we reached the Delaware Memorial Bridge...they were there and in full force. 

I learned 2 things while on this trip: 

1. I could actually never drink liquor again and be okay with it. Beer, wine and champagne all satisfy me so I'm good with the no liquor part. I mean, there is still a soft spot in my heart for my beloved Grand Marnier but I don't crave it anymore since giving up liquor back in May. Beer will no doubt be the hardest for me to give up. {insert the saddest face ever seen on the planet <---here---}

2. I do NOT miss the club scene! Sheesh! We decided to hit a few spots while in Philly just to experience the gay nightlife and I was literally standing there posted up with my beer in my hand, looking fly as ever, thinking, "I would really rather be home in bed in some warm comfy PJ's spooning my wife!" Well, not totally spooning...some other things too but you get my point. Watching all that azz grind to reggae made me feel some kinda way and miss my wife! ((swoons)) ....I'm looking at these people and shaking my head because the club scene is so wack now! Maybe it's because I'm married with no real desire to be there, maybe it's because I have a kid now...or maybe it's just because I've done all that stuff when I was younger. Needless to say, we went to the club just to go because we were in a new city but the scene don't change. I'm so thankful that's not my life anymore. I would be totally sad. A few chicks eye'd and attempted to get my attention -sidebar- {I realllllly think my wedding ring is a lady magnet}......but I just kindly kept it moving. 
Oh, and not to mention I was soooooooo sleeeeepy!! lol I'm not used to be alive and woke after 1am! I'm a mom so whatevaaaaaa! Unless it's for the brief moments my wife feeds Baby C in the middle of the night! But like, dressed, outside, in clothes, talking?!?! Hellll no! lol I was so ready to go back to the hotel and CRASH! Smh...

I'm ready for my last call moments with my wife while on vacation. The one where it's with the woman I love, over dinner...and great conversation. The last call moments with the woman who will be my rock and biggest support thru this process. Yes, I enjoyed the one with my friends but having that last sip of wine with my wife is just really something special to me. 

I'm not sure when I'll be blogging again. We have an appointment with the RE today. I may try to do a quick update about that visit before we leave for vacation but I'm not sure if I'll get the time. This is it ya'll....I've been counting down since May for this amazing journey and it's here. Please pray for me and my lil family as we dive head-first back into actively ttc for Baby #2. 


No comments:

Post a Comment