Wednesday, September 11, 2013

TTC: The Diet that Makes BOYS!! -or foolishness?


Today is CD9 and I will start testing with the smiley’s today with evening urine. I’m pretty sure nothing is happening in the lady regions today because there is little to no cervical fluid and my appetite is not ferocious. CD9 is really early in my cycle so no worries about missing ovulation.

24 days until we insem. TWENTY-FOUR DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We leave for Disney next week and I’m so damn excited! A week of just me and my two girls {My wife and Baby C}, fun, sun, white sand beaches, meeting up with great friends, tropical drinks, relaxation and the magic of Disney! How awesome is that!?

Now, the reason for this post. The Boy Diet. We realllllllllllly want a little boy this time. While we will be extremely grateful and thankful to God for simply another healthy child, our first preference this time is a boy. So, I’ve started searching the internet for “ways to conceive a boy” and I was really shocked at how many hits I got! Some saying they have tried it and had success and other's who say it’s a crock of bull. While I’m not putting too much stock in this I do feel like…what the hell…it’s worth a try! Lol Even if it is just for shyts and giggles. Have any of you tried this diet and it actually worked? Or did you try it and it was “a crock of bull?” lol


The crazy thing is my diet already mirrors the “boy diet.” Which is high potassium, coffee, salt, fish, red meat and low dairy, just to name a few. The only thing I would need to cut back on are the eggs. I can push down 4 eggs in one sitting, easily. Don’t judge me I’m a growing Boi. *smile* Mommy N’s diet mirrors the “girl diet” and we all know how that played out! #TeamGirl…Baby C! Her diet is basically stuff like unsalted butter, garlic, onions, little to no meat...etc. Coincidence? Not sure…but again, it’s worth a shot.

The recommendations I've read thus far say to start the diet one month before you TTC until you're pregnant. I mentioned it to our donor and he said, "Oh, I already eat LOTS of bananas and meat so I hope that helpsyou ladies get your boy!" This Guy....smh lol

While I'm excited and tickled about taking part in this little experiment I also know that the ultimate sex of our baby #2 will be determined by God. Period. If it works...a boy was supposed to be here anyway...If it doesn't...same logic applies. Either way...I'm blessed if this process results in a successful, healthy, non-eventful pregnancy. 

Two new items will be in our luggage for this Disney trip: Clear.Blue easy fertility monitor & the Clear.Blue easy smiley's. Holy crap! This is really about to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



RE Appointment for the pro.gestrone suppositories is 09-16th....
My Body Knows what its supposed to do......
Everything will work out, Trust God.......
My eggs are fine........
I'm not that old.........




No comments:

Post a Comment